FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mar. 22, 2017 (Agua Dulce, Calif.): Napier tents will be used by the NORRA Mexican 1000 crew during the 50th anniversary of the rally in 2017. NORRA crew members spend long hours in the desert scouting the course and providing assistance during the rally stages. Napier tents allow them to set up camp in minutes if need be, and begin relaxing after a long day. The NORRA crew puts in a lot of work, but it’s worth it. “The Happiest Race On Earth!” is entirely about having fun and creating memories that will last a lifetime. NORRA participants experience the most stunningly beautiful Baja scenery as they make their way down the entire length of the Baja Peninsula. After each day of racing, they have enough free time to experience a different location in Baja with friends and family. Each overnight stop has its own unique charm and character.
Napier Tents will be supporting the Mexican 1000 by donating prizes, and offer special discount rates on their many products. Napier tents are already a great value; with the special discount codes you can’t beat the price. Why not get a tent for your vehicle and add it to your race supplies or weekend bug out bag. Part of the allure of Baja is being able to get off the beaten path. With a Napier Truck Tent, you will have a relaxing, sheltered campsite anywhere you chose to roam.
NAPIER Tents has several models of tents in both above ground and on ground configurations. Their models come in a range of colors and patterns, and they carry many accessories as well as replacement parts. A couple of the models taking the trek down the peninsula with NORRA for the rally are outlined below.
Sportz Truck Tent 57 Series
The Sportz Truck Tent allows you to create the ultimate camping oasis wherever your truck takes you. No need to search for a clean and dry campsite, the Sportz Truck Tent assembles in an open-bed pickup truck, allowing you to camp anywhere. Napier’s exclusive floor design protects you from the elements while making the tent easy to set-up and secure to your truck. It’s perfect to keep behind the seat for any unexpected adventures such as: camping, tailgating, fishing, or even lounging at the beach.
- Napier offers the only truck tents on the market with a full floor, keeping you clean from your truck and dry from the elements
- Large interior area with over 5.7 feet of headroom
- Full rainfly provides ultimate weather protection
- Large 4’ x 4’ awning provides shade and a protected spot for bulky gear
- Rear access panel allows you to access the truck’s interior for additional storage and access to power outlets to charge your gear
- Color-coded pole and sleeve assembly, makes setup a breeze
- Built-in storm flaps in windows and door provide additional weather protection and privacy
- 3 large windows and 2 ceiling vents offer optimal ventilation
- Keep your gear organized with a gear loft, gear pocket and a built in lantern holder
- Expandable carrying bag for easy storage
Napier makes tents that fit trucks, suv’s, mini-vans, even hatchback models. They also have ground tents that can be attached to their truck tents so you can have an expansive, well sheltered camp. When not in use, the tents break down and stow in a handy duffle bag for storage. Napier tents are a great addition to any team’s pit supplies to allow shade and shelter, anywhere they set up. Many teams also take a few days on the way back north to sample some of the epic beaches for some rest and relaxation. With a Napier tent, you can enjoy comfort anywhere.
To learn more about NAPIER Tents, log onto: www.us.napieroutdoors.com
Sportz SUV Tent Model 82000
The Sportz SUV Tent allows you to create the ultimate camping oasis wherever life takes you. The universal vehicle sleeve easily attaches to any SUV providing complete access to your vehicle from inside the tent. No longer will you have to make frequent trips to your vehicle as all your gear stays within arm’s reach. Optional, convert the SUV Tent into a ground tent by unzipping the vehicle sleeve, exclusive to Napier’s tents.
- The universal vehicle sleeve, easily adjusts to your vehicle for a custom fit every time
- Connects to the cargo area of your vehicle, creating additional sleeping space or an extra storage area
- Transform the SUV tent into a standard ground tent by fully removing the vehicle sleeve, exclusive to Napier’s tents
- Spacious 9’ x 9’ tent boasts a towering 7.25’ of headroom and sleeps up to 5 guests
- Full rainfly provide ultimate weather protection
- Large 6’ awning provides shade and a protected spot for bulky gear
- Storm flaps on doors and windows adds additional weather protection, and privacy
- Keep your gear organized with the gear loft, 2 gear pockets and a built in lantern holder
- Quick and easy one person assembly, takes 10 minutes to set-up
- Expandable carrying bag for storage
If you love to race, love to have fun, and love the food, drink and music of Baja, you must come down and experience “The Happiest Race On Earth!”, the NORRA Mexican 1000. There is a unique comradery that is forged between fellow racers and their crews. They all pitch in to make sure everyone makes it to the finish line in Cabo and the incredible awards ceremony that follows. You will make memories that will last a lifetime. The very first adventurers who set off to run the peninsula would throw a huge celebration afterwards to mark their accomplishment. That tradition continues to this day at the Mexican 1000. Make plans today to come down and have the time of your life with NORRA.
BECOME A PART OF HISTORY
Don't miss out on the greatest adventure you will ever experience!
Login to your existing NORRA account, or create a new NORRA account at www.norra.com/member/login. Have picture images (.jpg, .bmp, or .png) of your Driver's License, Passport and Health Insurance Card ready to upload to your profile. Have your race radio frequency handy as well as your emergency contact phone numbers. Determine what category your vehicle should be competing in (refer to 2017 rules at www.norra.com/rules_current ). Update and complete the 'My Profile' and 'My Vehicle' sections of your account. Upon completion of registration you will receive a confirmation email and see your entry online.
Beginning in 2010, the National Off Road Racing Association (NORRA) began promoting a rebirth of the NORRA Mexican 1000 rally. The unique off-road rally was co-created by promoter Mike Pearlman to consist of special stages (unlimited speed timed stages in the dirt) linked together by controlled speed liaison / transit sections (highway). The one-of-a-kind, once-a-year, four-day rally includes vintage off-road vehicles and motorcycles, as well as modern desert Rally Raid cars, pre-runner trucks, buggies and motorcycles.
Pearlman's late father Ed and others established the first running of the NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally in November of 1967, which eventually became internationally recognized and evolved into the Baja 1000 in the mid-1970's.
The 2016 NORRA Mexican 1000 was supported by Azunia Tequila, Walker Evans Racing, South Point Hotel Casino, Bilstein Shock Absorbers and Mastercraft/Impact Safety.