FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 18, 2018 (Agua Dulce, Calif.):ALERT! ALERT! ALERT
Last week, registered teams were asked to provide information regarding the chase trucks that would be providing assistance to them during the race. This request originated from the Mexican Customs Department and was needed in a very timely manner. NORRA was delighted to see that more than 250 chase vehicles were registered online as requested in only two days. The information collected was submitted earlier this week and as a result, positive modifications have been made to the suggested border crossing protocol. We have been extended an opportunity and convenience that will drastically improve the crossing vehicles on their way to NORRA registration. Please follow the rules below.
1) All teams MUST CROSS AT SAN YSIDRO - NOT OTAY MESA. Border crossing will be open 24 hours.
2) All race teams and support vehicles should use the FAR RIGHT LANE (Bus Lane Crossing). Park all the way to right against the vertical black tube fence (see below), facing lanes and wait for instructions from customs to cross.
3) All race teams and support vehicles should have a NORRA sticker on the windshield or visible, printed, NORRA logo on the dashboard. No gas or fuel of any kind in drums or cans allowed thru the border.
4) Teams must not have more than 4 spare tires per truck crossing. If more than 4 tires on 1 load or truck must pay duties at 16% of the tire value, have invoice or proof of tire value to avoid delays.
5) Spare parts are allowed only if they belong to race car or truck and do not exceeds one kit to replace on car (Example if race cars has 8 shocks that is the limit, 1 transmission, 1 rear axle set, 1 engine etc.) Vehicles with race car spare parts must go across the border simultaneously with race the car. No chase truck with spare parts will be allowed through the Border duty free on its own.
6) No Boxvans over 15 feet long will be allowed thru the San Ysidro border, any boxvan or boxtruck bigger than 15 feet must go thru commercial crossing in OTAY MESA. Teams with Semi Truck Trailers must use a Customs Broker and cross thru commercial in OTAY MESA.
7) Please make sure that everyone in your party has passports or passport cards. Everyone transitioning from Baja Norte to Baja Sur will also need tourist visas, which can be processed at NORRA registration. All vehicles should have the following documents in order and preferably in a folder ready for inspection:
- Vehicle registration.
- Proof of ownership, green sticker, invoice or DMV paperwork.
- If the Owner of race car or support vehicle is not present during crossing, Driver must show photocopy of owner’s ID along with paperwork.
- All vehicles need to have a license plate (except possibly race cars).
- Race car must have proof of ownership, title, green sticker, invoice from fabricator or any other proof of ownership.
- Border is under construction. Be very careful entering and exiting the facilities. Use extreme caution with trailers.
- In case of any problems with customs, call the NORRA tourist assistance helpline: (52) 1 646 1371283 OR (619) 870 9137.
GPS FILES AND ROADBOOKS
FOR CARS & BIKES
The GPS files AND Roadbooks for the 2018 YOKOHAMA NORRA Mexican 1000 are now available for download. Click on the links below for your preference of file. Or visit NORRA's website at www.norra.com/gps
NORRA has a rally support and GPS Training sessions on Saturday the 21st at Riviera Convention Center (Theater) from 12noon-2PM. Representatives will be on-hand to offer technical support and make sure all of NORRA’s Mexican 1000 race teams are ready for a fun-filled adventure to the finish line in San Jose Del Cabo.
FULL COURSE MAPS FOR CARS & BIKES
Click on the link below to visit the website and download the appropriate print PDF files for Cars and Bikes. (NOTE: PDFs are three pages each)
(very large PDFs - 12mb)
CARS - 2018 FULL COURSE MAPS
REGISTER ALL VEHICLES & EQUIPMENT
CHASE TRUCKS AND TRAILERS! THIS IS AN EFFORT TO GET US ALL ACROSS THE BORDER QUICKLY. WE NEED YOUR HELP ! This information needs to be provided to customs by Midnight April 14. It is in your best interest to make sure your information is included so that your are on the list provided and your crossing is expedited.
To access Border Crossing Registration Instructions RA, go to:
2018 RACINGTRAX ORDER FORM
NORRA will be using the RacingTraX / AlertTraX system for tracking and safety in this year’s Mexican 1000. The first thing to do is to go to www.racingtrax.com/rentals/norra.html then fill in your information.
To access RacingTraX Order Form RA, go to:
2018 DAY 2 RESERVATIONS
The NORRA Mexican 1000 has grown into a huge event wherever it goes. Below is information on Day 2 finish locations and reservations for both "Pit City" for the CARS in Bay of LA, and accommodations for the BIKES in Guerrero Negro. Book now on the NORRA website store page at www.norra.com/fc/store.
2018 FUEL & PIT ORDER FORM
NORRA has partnered with VP Racing Fuels and MAG-7 to get you to the finish line at the 2018 YOKOHAMA Mexican 1000! MAG-7 is proud to be providing pit service for all NORRA racers.
To access VP RACING FUELS & MAG-7 PIT Order Form RA, go to:
2018 MILEAGE & PIT MAPS
The coveted Mexican 1000 mileage and pits maps are available for NORRA's family of racers to use in refining their support strategies. There is a three page map for both the Motorcycles and the Car categories (see below for direct links to the 2018 YOKOHAMA NORRA Mexican 1000 Official Mileage & Pit maps).
To access MILEAGE & PIT MAPS RA, go to:
2018 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
A printed copy of the 2018 Schedule of Events will be provided to teams at registration in Ensenada. But you can go ahead and download a print PDF now, by clicking on the button below-
To access full SCHEDULE OF EVENTS RA, go to:
2018 MEDIA PASS APPLICATION
Please refer to the above schedule of events for times and locations. Please click below to sign up today as the rally is quickly approaching.
To access full MEDIA PASS RA, go to:
2018 YOKOHAMA NORRA MEXICAN 1000
Friday April 20th
(Welcome Fiesta / Pre-registration / Tech)
Saturday April 21st
(Registration / Tech / Drivers Meeting)
Sunday April 22nd
Ensenada ~ San Felipe
Monday April 23rd
San Felipe ~ Guerrero Negro (Moto)
San Felipe ~ Bahia de los Angeles (4-Wheel)
Tuesday April 24th
Guerrero Negro/Bahia de los Angeles ~ Loreto
Wednesday April 25th
Loreto ~ La Paz
Thursday April 26th
La Paz ~ San Jose del Cabo
(2018 YOKOHAMA NORRA Mexican 1000 Finish!!!)
Friday April 27th *NEW!*
La Paz ~ San Jose del Cabo
REGISTER BEFORE YOU ARRIVE!
Login to your existing NORRA account, or create a new NORRA account at www.norra.com/member/member_home.php. Have picture images (.jpg, .bmp, or .png) of your Driver's License, Passport and Health Insurance Card ready to upload to your profile. Have your race radio frequency handy as well as your emergency contact phone numbers. Determine what category your vehicle should be competing in (refer to 2018 rules at www.norra.com/rules_current.php). Update and complete the 'My Profile' and 'My Vehicle' sections of your account. Once, pre-registration opens, it should be as easy as selecting your vehicle and choosing your preference of payment option. Upon completion of registration you will receive a confirmation email and see your entry online.
Beginning in 2010, the National Off Road Racing Association (NORRA) began promoting a rebirth of the NORRA Mexican 1000 rally. The unique off-road rally was co-created by promoter Mike Pearlman to consist of special stages (unlimited speed timed stages in the dirt) linked together by controlled speed liaison / transit sections (highway). The one-of-a-kind, once-a-year, four-day rally includes vintage off-road vehicles and motorcycles, as well as modern desert Rally Raid cars, pre-runner trucks, buggies and motorcycles.
Pearlman's late father Ed and others established the first running of the NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally in November of 1967, which eventually became internationally recognized and evolved into the Baja 1000 in the mid-1970's.
The 2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 is supported by Yokohama, Method Race Wheels, South Point Hotel Casino, Walker Evans Racing, Bilstein Shock Absorbers, Steel-It, Multitool USA, RIGID, VP Racing Fuels, Timberline, Ensenada Proturismo, Mastercraft/Impact Safety, Cerveceria Transpeninsular, Roganto, Biltwell Inc., Schampa, Racing TraX.com, Satellite Phone Store.com, P.C.I. Race Radios, WARN, Magic Bullet, US Action Trax.com, and many more.